Hair falling out.. again?

I'm not sure where to ask this.. but I'll do it in pregnacy.. anyway, when my baby was about 6 months old.. I started loosing handfulls of hair. I noticed I was kind of "balding" at my temples. It was horrible because I couldn't wear my hair in a pony tail. I had read online that its normal, its just hormones going back to normal. Anyway, I've noticed recently that it looks like my temples have less hair again! My son is now 10 months.. has anyone had this happen after pregnancy???

Sarahe786

Asked by Sarahe786 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to your doctor definitely and ask him or her! Probably it's just the hormones. But it can be a recently developed allergy or from the stress as well. Doctor is the best answer if you don't know what's going on with you. If you have a good doctor though:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would ask the doctor. I have heard that losing your hair during and for a short time after pregnancy is normal, but I am not sure how long it lasts. Good luck! Oh, and take a multivitamin. That might help.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Have you Dr check your thyroid levels. Most women develope hypothyroid postpardum and loosing hair is a symptom along with hard to loose baby weight, mood swings, and dry skin.
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 8:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would ask the doctor as well. Because I lost hair but it didn't leave bald spots.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 9:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone, I'm going to make a dr's appt.. especially after the hypothyroid postpardum comment. My mom was just dianogised with Graves disease, because of her thyroid.
    Sarahe786

Comment by Sarahe786 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010