Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Granted permission but Xh causing grief

I went to court to get permission to move my DD across state line (only 35 miles from where I was and 15 minutes further from her dad). His address was wrong on the divorce papers so he never got notified (not may fault he shouldn't have signed them if they were wrong).

so I got permission from the judge, gave the XH the paper and 2 weeks later, my attorney calls to tell me that XH has filed a stay to vacate. Now, I have already moved most of the stuff and left the things that I will sell or get rid of. Since I have permission, should I stay put or move back to the house? ( I own the house that I moved from).
Advise or thoughts?


Asked by Jademom07 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

Level 34 (64,323 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I would say notify your attorney that your belongings are already at your new place then continue with your plans. You had a court order and it is not like you are moving 300 miles away, Even if your Xh filled a motion for a stay, it has to be granted then the whole thing has to be decide by the same judge that granted it in the 1st place. If he had no reason to object to you moving in the 1st place, you should be fine.
    You are already moved per your court order. Tell the lawyer to handle it.

    Answer by firemans_wife at 7:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • You have your order.'s in his ball park now and like you said, you own the house so it's no more a big deal to move back later than it would be now.

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • the jugde granted you the right to move it's not your fault it's his.... so go make yourself happy it's not as if he's never going to see his daughter again my gosh.

    Answer by Lynnsae at 7:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • The judge granted you the permission. It's the ex-husband's fault for not having the correct address on file.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 7:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • What did your attorney say to do?

    Answer by ohwrite at 7:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Ask your attorney since they where the ones that notified you of his appeal

    Answer by beyondhopes at 7:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • they granted permission for you to move so you can show that and no-one would have a leg to stand on to fight not even your husband

    Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • I'd totally go.

    Answer by Razelda at 7:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • I'd do what the Court papers say. If the Court says you have to come back (which I don't think it will) then you have a place to return to. The Court will notify you if there is a problem

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Just because he filed doesnt mean you have to stay. You got the order to go so just go.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010