bad behavior copycats

Okay, so I am not making accusations, but just observations and wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their own kids/steps/fosters.
My step-kids fight ALL the TIME. Like, as soon as they walk through the door they are trying to one-up each other. "He did this" "No I didn't you did this" or "She did this or that" "No I didn't" or "he got a bad color in school but look at my color sheet, it's a good color" or I'll get a tap on my shoulder and one of them will be trying to get the other in trouble and I have to tell the tattler that I had given the other one permission to do whatever it is. I don't mean to be confusing but I don't want to give specifics since that will take up too much space. Those who have experienced this behavior will be able to understand what I mean. :)
Anyway. Lately I've noticed my own children doing the same thing. Especially my daughter since she's copying her big sister. And since we get my step-kids everyday I don't know what I can do to minimize the copycatting since I can't punish my step-kids like I can my own. So, anyone else have this problem and have found solutions that I can try? Thanks.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 7:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's not copycatting....your kids would get there on their own.

I don't have any advice 8 kids later and I still have issues with it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010