back contraction........ Please help or give info

Every two min but only in the back. Should I be concerned? It is a weird feeling and it hurts when I sit down. Is there anything I can do for the pain? After 60sec of contraction it stops and i feel pain in my left rib only.. Any suggestion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 38 weeks along btw
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Try ice packs and a heating pad and see which one helps most. Maybe get some one to massage that part of your back. I had back labor with my first because he was turned face up.I had it all the way through labor and birth. It was a natural birth and I thought I was going to break in half. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Call the doctor's line. Just because you are only feeling pain in the back, you could be in real labor. Walk. Notice if your abdomen/stomach is getting "hard" at the same time as the pain.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• drink a full glass of water or clear juice (like apple)
    lay down on your left side with a pillow between your knees and have DH rub your back
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Any kind of contractions that close together and you should contact your Dr.
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 8:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You should call the doctor, if you can't get a hold of them, then maybe you should go to the ER.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 9:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Possibly a posterior baby.
    You can do exercises for this.
    And if you have a partner that can do the double-hip squeeze and counter pressure it helps.
    Try to rotate baby, though.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2010