Does it annoy you when others tell you what to do and get in your buisness?

A few weeks ago my husband was gearing up for his vasectomy and due to the coming on of surgery and some screw ups he ended up working on a Sunday which he doesn't USUALLY do. So I went alone with the two kids to church and becuase Em refused to behave and be quite and just insisted on being a total and complete terror of the biggest sort we wound up sitting in the foyar rather than the chapel, whereupon our neighbor found us. Asking where Ben was I explained why he was working and after they moved on another lady about my own age who had overheard our conversation proceeded to ask me if my husband was truly okay with having his privates mutilated.
I of course said that he was, beucase Ben himself states that he'd rather get snipped then deal with another round of pregnant Amy and the aftermath of that.
This sister let me know that NO man is okay with that surgery and it is cruel and unfair of me to expect him to go through such a thing just for my personal comfort.
I further informed her that it was a doctor direction that it is not only in my better interest to be done with just my two kids but due to the same factors that make pregnancy a bad thing for me also make doing the tubal ligation further more risky and that my OB highly recomended the surgery for Ben, hence he got fixed and not me.
I was told that my doctors didn't know what they were takling about and it's unfair to my kids to have just the two of them and I could go through at least a few times more.
Turn around to today, our vehicle broke down and so I was taking the bus to take the kids to see Santa. Having two kids, needing the diaper bag and the blankets and everything, well it's easier to just use the stroller. Going out this little old lady with a walker bit my daughter's head off when as the bus we needed showed up, that apparantly she as well needed, Em was very eager and went right up to the white do not cross here line. This lady had at her like none other that she was not to go near that bus and the driver needed to put down the ramp for the lady to get up and as a disabled woman how dare my child get on before her. What the heck? But I rounded Em in and held her back even though it's nearly impossible to hold on to her, the baby the gear and the stroller to make this old bat happy. Next we're on the bus and the lady plops down right were I like to sit and kinda glares as I go to try and put the stroller where it best goes, the wheelchair seating area on one side is made of two seatst hat both fold up and I usually sit there folding the one section to slide the stroller in and sitting in the seats beside with the kids. So as other tried to get on and couldn't walk past my stroller which is now in the walkway and this lady's walker which she would not fold down, I sat the baby on teh seat to pull the stroller onto my lap so people can get through. To which I began to get berated very loudly by this old bat for laying hte baby down and how dare I do that. That baby is going to fall. You sit that stroller down. Finally the driver came over and took my stroller and put it where I wanted it all along and allowed me to hold the baby. But I hold that I knew my baby was in no danger on a stationary bus as he's not rolling yet and I was hyper aware of him even if myhands were full. When it was our stop to get off I got Em heardered in the right direction got the diaper bag of my shoulder picked up the baby all bundled in his blanket and with the other hand grabbed the stroller only to have this woman start in on me agian about how I needed to put that down and have teh driver lift it for me and carry off for me and how terrible of a mother I am as I'm out to harm my baby.
No such thing. I moved to this area with a little one and I don't drive. I'm very adept at using the bus. Yes if someone offers me help, I'll take it but I have learned how to get by without it and the driver is very busy I don't bug him.
I never said anythign to this lady or event he other woman from church, but it just kinda gets in my craw that peole feel the need to berate your every choice and treat you like you have no idea about anything or even going so far as to say you can't make educated informed descisions about your own health.
So what would you guys think or do? Does this happen to you and how do you take it?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 7:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I ignore people like this. I never say anything, but I want to. Somebody got in my friends business one day and said really loudly, "well some people don't know how to watch their children." Then the lady snickered. What a bitch! Well, my friend is very blunt and got in the lady's face and shouted "fuck you" Hahahhahahahahha bet that lady will mind her own from now on...
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It annoys me more than anything.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Words for next time "Stop using your jaw and start using your hands to help. Otherwise just shut up."
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• In the first situation at church, you opened the door by sharing personal info in a public place. You should have stated that your personal medical decisions aren't her business, and I would not have explained and justified any decision that I, my dh and medical team have made. As for the old lady on the bus, you should have politely told her that you are managing your children just fine and she needs to mind her business. If she continued to berate you, you should have requested that the bus driver intervened. There's no sense in that behavior.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010