If you only have one child, when do you plan on having your next? (if you are planning)

I want to wait until my son is 3 or 4.  By then I will have my B.S. and he will start preschool.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have two but I can say that you have the right idea. My son was a total surprise right as I started back into school, and it threw me off majorly. But three years is a great gap. My daughter was three when baby brother came and she is the best little Big Helper. She likes to get his baba from the fridge and help get diapers and wipes or run things to the garbage. We're having some trouble with eye poking, but generally she likes to help. And she enforces the rules she has to listen to on others, which is very very cute.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Soon actually, when DH gets a job (since he got laid off recently) and we have insurance again and I can get this Mirena out.. Our goal was to have #1 pottty trained or close to it before ttc#2.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sounds like you have a plan! :) Good for you. More people need to think such an important decision like this thru. I do realize things happen, & planning becomes "surprise!" :) But it's easier when you're a little more ready for it. Good luck w/ school & I hope you and your family have a blessed holiday season.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son is two and we are currently TTC/ We lost a pregnacy 4 months ago. I would like them close in age, but mother nature seems to have other plans!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I wanted another one when DS turned three but since I have been sans man since he was 2 that didn't happen. I do hope to have another child someday but now it will have to wait till I am done with school again, even if I find a man before then.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2010