why do you have back contraction?

I rarely experience tummy contractions with my second child it was all tummy and now with this one its all back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's usually because of the position of the baby: http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/laborbasics/a/backlabor.htm
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• the back of the baby head is to your back... that is how you get back labor...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• The baby was face down and boy I had a natural birth and I swear I felt like my back would break in half.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If the back of the head is pushing on your spine it causes back labor.
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 8:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My back labor was due to my daughter being posterior which means instead of facing my back when born she was facing my front (not breech). There are sometimes other reasons, but posterior positioning is most often the cause. They can turn at any point even in the middle of pushing so things may get better before you are in full blown labor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It depends on where the baby is sitting in the uterus. I also had back labor because my baby was sitting in my back.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 9:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010