would you rather....

know about abuse going on with another child and know there was nothing you can do or not know and hope the kid turned out alright?
Explination; my step-kids are sexually, physically, mentally, and emotionally abused daily. When my husband and I found out we immediately sought help in getting them out of the situation. Long story short, the BM beat the childre so much they recanted their story to the authorities citing we put them up to it, which caused us to get in trouble, and the abuse is still going on. My step-kids are always coming over here with bruises on their backs and legs after spending the weekends with their mother. During the week they heal from their bruises, mostly because they stay with us during the week and not with her, but it's breaking my heart to know that this is going on and if we try to stop it the kids will suffer for telling.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in

• Fight it as long and hard as you possibly can. Get them out of there. There's always something you can do. Call CPS and have your other family who know about it call CPS. Hopefully they'll get enough random visits at random times that the children will be removed from her care entirely. It looks like you and your husband has the majority custody. Do everything you can to make it full custody and she only gets supervised visits. Good luck!!!!!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have gone through the same thing with my youngest. We kept calling DCFS and they wouldn't open a case until a police officer talked to my 4 year old alone and was told about the sex abuse. We are now involved with child advocacy and visitation has been cancelled until further notice. My child was terrified to tell us, but the cop's gun made him more comfortable. I know exactly what you are going through and my thoughts are with you. Keep trying to get help, for the sake of the children.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010