What kind of pain relief that helps you after csection?

What kind of pain relief works for you? It has been 2 weeks after my csection and wondering what does everyone does for pain management. Thx

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doctor gave me a prescription for painkillers, so I used those, but very sparingly. I think you can also use over the counter meds, but only if it's something that is safe to take with your particular prescription. Didn't your doctor cover this w/ you and give you a scrip for the medications?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was done with the pain meds by the fifth day post surgery. I might have taken an occasional tylenol, but nothing regular. My pain wasn't bad enough to warrant it since I was breastfeeding. And the doctor didn't give me anything anyway.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Do you have one of those hold your tummy in things? I lived in mine for a few weeks. If you don't have one, ask your ob for one. They really help because it hold all your insides tight and together.
    yestheirallmine

Answer by yestheirallmine at 8:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i took demeral and motrin 800 then after about 2 weeks it was just grin and bear it. u can continue to take over the counter motrin or tylonel.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If your doctor gave you a script for pain killers and you are still in pain, and I would take those, and mention to him/her about your pain level. If it's just the occasional pain, you could always take Mortin. Some things that helped me were holding a pillow to my tummy when I coughed or sneezed, and even when I would ride in the car with all the bumps since I wasn't driving yet at two weeks. I slept propped up for awhile or in the recliner so it wasn't such a strain getting in and out of bed.
    redhotmommy

Answer by redhotmommy at 10:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010