potty training

What age did you start potty training? how did you know they were ready? and did you use pull ups or the training underwear (the thick gerber underwear)

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Usually you will notice that he is not comfortable with the diapers anymore he is going to try to take it off. its a good idea use pull ups but don't waste your money on the ones that supposed to feel cold if they went that doesn't make any difference, what worked for me is take her with me to the potty every 2 hours they like to imitate everything that mom or dad do, give him compliments every time he does something right like telling when he has an accident, by the 3rd week i started not to go so often so she started to tell me she wanted to go, by the 5th week she started to want to use the toilet so also my advice is get a cheap potty and then a little toilet seat with a step stool
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We did the 3 day method at 25 months (we would have done it sooner, but we had other things precluding us from spending 3 days doing nothing else). It's a cold turkey method, and it worked REALLY well for us. I can send you the e-book if you'd like it.
    DS was making certain faces when he went to the bathroom, and telling us when he'd gone. We knew he was ready.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My daughter was 2. One day she saw her friend using the training potty while we had a playdate at the neighbors. That was all it took; she wasnt about to be outdone! lol! From that day one she used the potty & shortly after that, the toilet. At night she would come wake me if she had to go. They didnt have pull-ups 33 yrs ago, so I used the night time training pants, & a waterproof, padded mattress pad on her bed. My neighbor potty trained her son by tossing different colored pieces of paper in the toilet, & told him to aim! lol! That boy loved to go potty!
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I used the pull ups and she just started telling me when she had to go to the restroom and she would run to the restroom when she had to go poo. I let her tell me when she was ready. I think she was about a year and half.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Well for my son who turned two in Feb we started in the spring so he could go a week with out pants in the house. The minute he felt he had to go he would run into the potty. The other two kids were a bit later. 2.5 for my one daughter, 2 for my other daughter who saw the potty chair and asked what was it for. She was ready for a while before that. I just did not get it. I thought she was too young. Little did I know she wanted to use it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010