is it bad for her?

My baby is three months old has strong legs and loves to stand up (with my help of course). everytime i go to sit her down she wants to stand and will cry till i let her do so. is it bad for her or she i let her do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine! My daughter did the same thing. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son was the same way. He always wanted to stand on our laps. Children develop at different rates. My son came out lifting his head up. Some babies have jello necks. My son has no issues with his legs, but he did start walking at 10 months. In a few more months, try a baby walker. That way she will be supported and most of the weight strain won't be on her legs. Do what you think is right. There will always be something wrong with whatever you do. So use your common sense and if she wants to stand up, support her. Good luck!
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 11:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• they just say not to let them stand too long or they can get bow legged. its fine for a little bit though.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• you can get her a "johnny jump up" you just hang it in a door way and let them jump away. that way she can rest her legs easily too. but I have heard of the bowed legged thing. my boys were the same way though and never got bowed. have fun with her!
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 11:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My dr said let them stand if they want. It's been proving it won't cause bow legging. Babies do what babies want to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would suggest the stationary jumper around 50 bucks, the door jam jumprys can rock side to side little scary, so we got the one that has bars to support the springs, the rainforrest on by fisherprice i think...... my son did the same thing so everyday i would put him in it sit right in front let him jump his heart out for about 20 mint, then he be so tied hed go down for a long nap.... make sure she can kinda support her head on her own for at least a few minutes...
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 11:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The "don't let them stand, it cause bowed legs" is an old wives tale. Just ask your doctor... standing actually straightens the natural curve in a babies leg.

My daughter was the same as yours. She wanted to stand and jump. I got her a Fisher Price Jumperoo. These are similar to the Jonny Jump-ups BUT they are free standing. You can put them anywhere you want - even in the middle of the kitchen floor. And you don't have to worry about the hook holding them to the doorway coming loose since they aren't hooked to anything. My daughter was so little that even though we had it set on it's shortest setting, we had to put a box under her feet so her feet would touch the "ground". As long as your little girl has good head control, let her jump and stand.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• heh my son would sleep standing up if I let him!! I don't think there is anything wrong with it...when they get tired they just plop right down on your lap! Whenever he wants to stand and I'm busy cleaning around the house I put him in his exersaucer they are a Godsend!!!!!!!!! He'll stay in that for about and hour and watch baby enstein and go around in circles lol
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 11:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• MY NOW 5MONTH OLD WAS ALWAYS LIKE THAT TOO,WE GOT HER A JHONNY JUMPER AND A WALKER.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It's fine. My daughter did the same and doc said it was possible she'd walk early b/c of the strong legs (she didn't,though)
    Anonymous