For Those Who are buying for their Mother-in-Law...

I am at a total loss as to what to get my Mother-in-law. I asked her for some ideas, but she said "Don't worry about us (being herself and her husband), just save your money to come visit". Now she lives a whole 15 minutes away, so we're not worried about money to visit. Then if we pry again as to what she wants she says "Everything I want is too expensive." Which is the same answer we get from my dad every . single . year. However, this year my dad actually cracked and gave us some ideas. Anyhow .. I am at a total loss as to what to get my Mother-in-law. She is a mother of four (Two step-children and two biological), is some kind of nurse at a local hospital, has two golden retrievers ... Ummm .. And I have no idea.

Any ideas?

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 8:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• Pictures in nice frames.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A spa gift card.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was going to say the same as sweet29mom. I got my MIL pictures of all her kids and grandkids updated. she didn't have any of her grandkids, and her kids were still small in the pics. I also got her a shirt and pjs.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I say some kind of bath set to help her relax after work.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A massage. A nurse needs one.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• mine's getting another sweater..i think it may be the fourth one in a row..nope, wait...last year, she got a Scentsy warmer/waxes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I am with the massage! Or a gift certificate to have pet photos? Or a family photo. Or something decorative for her home like a pretty holiday serving bowl or platter or candy dish? Some nice new fluffy bath towels?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2010