Has anyone ever heard voices or another baby over their baby monitor?

Okay, so the other day I turned on the baby monitor reciever downstairs with me and the one that stays on in my sons room as I put my son down for his nap. After his nap I turned the one upstairs in his room off, but I forgot to turn the reciever in the living room off. As I was watching tv n eating with my son sitting next to me on the couch in his boppy, I heard something on the monitor. I looked at it and turned the tv on mute, but no other noises came over the monitor, so I turned up the volume on the tv again. I didn't want to turn off the monitor and get it all greasing, so I waited until I was done eating. Not long after that, I heard a baby's voice talking. I thought maybe I was hearing things. I waited longer with the tv on mute to hear anything else on the monitor. Unexpectedly, I heard a cough, and then a baby talking. I looked down at my son (5 months old) who smiled and laughed at me. I ran upstairs. There was nothing in his room, quiet. The monitor in his room was off. Spooky..... Tell me I am not the only one who has heard anything....

mamaziller

Asked by mamaziller at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You are not crazy. I have had this happen many times. I went got a digital monitor with more secure channels. They are more expensive, but I don't want anyone hearing me either.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We heard my neighbors baby over our monitors. I would switch frequencies, and watch what you say when you're near them. =)
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Hah no!! But one time we did pick up some guy talking about how hairy his ass was!!! I kid you not! My husband heard it first and called me in the room really quick and we sat listening for a little bit! lol It was hilarious..but creepy at the same time! Makes you wonder who is hearing what from your own baby monitors
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe you're picking up baby sounds from another baby monitor, close to you in your neighborhood? If you have a high frequency monitor, it could be possible. I have a baby monitor for my asthmatic kitty, to alert us she should ever have an asthma attack. I know that seems odd, but it sure came in handy for us, when she was first diagnosed & very ill. not long after we got our monitor, my husband said he would hear things over the monitor that were not kitty cat/pet sounds. I started to pay attention myself, & indeed I did hear odd sounds like a person would make moving around, & what I think are garbled coversations. It's either we're picking up sounds from neighbors who have monitors, or we have ghosts. So I'd say that yes you heard something. I'm no longer spooked by it though, more like intrigued. I sometimes like to think it's one of my late family members coming by to visit.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We picked up on our neighbor's baby monitor..on both our channels..one sounded more garbled and the other was clear as day..luckily we were rarely in kenzies room, and the family was very nice and trusting. More than likely, you're picking up a neighbors baby monitor..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• lol, yaa and it totally freaked me out..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I dont hear it over a monitor but I hear it. My daughter is two and plays with someone in her room all the time when she is layed in there to go to bed...I have even heard a cry and a laugh that was not Jayden!!!
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would get a digital monitor, they may cost more but here in NC our local news channel did a story on how criminals can use baby monitors (even camera monitors) to know which houses to hit and when because the frequencies aren't secure. I got rid of mine after hearing that and just keep the door open to my babies' bedroom so I can hear her if she wakes up.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yea, I've picked up other monitors in the neighborhood... it's always funny when you recognize mommy or daddy's voice! & sometimes we'll pick up CB signals from the truckers going through town
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• ive had similar experiences but i thought i was going crazy.....i was pregnant with my son still and i kept hearing a baby's voice,but couldnt figure out where it was comming from...i searched everywhere but found nothing! then he turned 3 days old and we were home that day from the hospital-he was sleeping and i heard the same voice that i heard while i was pregnant,i mean it was like a recording!! i was on the phone with my mom during my sons first birthday party and i heard it again only this time it was extended! so wierd......my mom heard it and thought it was my son making noises but it wasnt because i had gone upstairs to get something and no one was up there but me.....she was freaked out!! the strange thing about it all was it only happened when something was going on with my son....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010