I was just watching 'It's a Wonderful Life'

The scene in the beginning of the film, where George was arguing with Mr. Potter and was defending the Savings and Loan that his dad had started made me think. . . I'll bet Conservatives really hate this movie. It's so full of Liberal Idealism. . . the poor working class, struggling to make a life, accepting help when they can get it, making the best of what they have. . . the rich old crotchety Mr. Potter denying anything but slums to that working class. . . and George Bailey triumphing in the end. . .

What an inspiring film!

Oh. . . and the question is. . . oh, heck . . . I need to post a question.  Okay.  It's one of the best films ever.  Don't you agree?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, I agree. I watch it every Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree and I'm a conservative. I don't see it as full of liberal idealisam at all. I see it full of conservative values of working hard, helping each other, family values.

Guess we see things differently.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 9:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• it is on now
    have seen it many times
    this film i used to put on when i could not sleep because of too many worries
    i can close my eyes and see the whle thing
    many nights it helped me when times were really hard and my mind could not rest
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I love that movie too!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• That's my favorite movie!!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes, I do agree
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I see it full of conservative values of working hard, helping each other, family values.

Funny. . . I see those as Liberal values, too--working hard, helping each other, family values. 

At least we agree that it's a wonderful movie!

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• hmmm..never thought about it from a liberal's POV...maybe next year!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Love love love that movie!! My husband and I recite certain scenes all the time. My favorite is after they get all wet falling in the pool and they find that old house and throw rocks at the windows... Also love the scene when she's on the phone and he's smelling her hair... Ah it IS a Wonderful Life !
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 9:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010