Do you get time for yourself?

This question is only for moms with babies.

I'm not referring to free time during their nap or after they go to bed.

Who watches your baby you? Husband? Mom? Relative? Friend?

How much time do you get? Hours? Minutes?

Do you get time for yourself on a daily basis?

Do you expect to get time for yourself? Or do you only dream about it? Or do you enjoy your kids so much that it's not even an issue?

MommyBird388

Asked by MommyBird388 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im a mother of 3 i have a 9 yr old, 3 yr old, and a 1 month old and i wish i got time to myself even maybe once a week would be nice. some days i have to think to my self did i shower or brush my teeth today. my husband will keep the kids for a lil bit while i run an errand or two but i have a nursing baby so 45 min is the most time to my self ive had since baby was born. dont get me wrong i love my children with all my heart but everyone needs a little bit of time to them selves.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 9:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i am a mother of two, pregnant, and a step mother of one.. stay at home mom..hubby words crazy hours.. so nope. no alone time for me.. ever. I get to take a shower alone two days a week.. otherwise my kids are running in and out of the bathroom while i hop in for a quick minue. i dont even get alone time to sleep.. the baby sleeps in my bed (my choice) and my 5 yr old often does too when daddy is at work all night...... i hate sleeping alone so they sleep with me! (: lol.. last week i was alone for 30 minutes, and wasnt sure if i should rest, or clean, or what.. so i sat on my couch trying to decide what to do w/ myself and then poof my time was gone. haha!!! i KNOW i need to get some me time so that I can be a more focused mom.. even though I already feel confident in what I do!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i wish!
    Stephanie087

Answer by Stephanie087 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Great question because I've been having huge problems with this lately. I take care of my baby everyday all on my own I don't have help from anyone because I don't have family nearby nor good friends to help out. I literally get 0 minutes of free time during the day. I can only do things I want to do when the baby is napping or sleeping at night. I only get time for myself on the weekend when my husband is here. But it's not much. I am having issues with expecting free time and never having it. Even after 5 months I still have problems adjusting...
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 10:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have 2 children. Two daughters, one that is almost 3 and the other just turned 3 months. My husband watches the girls when I need to get away. I don't really get out too often. Every once in a while I will just go walk around Target. haha. I have anxiety problems when it comes to being seperated from my kids, so I don't leave them often. But every once in a blue moon I need a break, or I might lose my mind.
    MamaSince08

Answer by MamaSince08 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010