When should I take my pregnancy test???? adult content

Ok my period is due on Wednesday December 15th, my last one was November 17th. I took Ovulation predictor tests this month to boost my chances of conceiving and from the test i didnt actually ovulate until day 18 or 19.... should i still expect to get my period this Wednesday coming up and take a test then or should I wait? I guess my real question is does the luteal phase for everyone take 14 days or so? or can it be shorter or longer?

Saralanden

Asked by Saralanden at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If it is a couple days before your period, it might show up very faintly. Mine showed faintly days before my period was due. Depends on the test (I used First Response and Answer) and when you conceived I suppose.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• two weeks after your surge was indicated on the test for the moat accurate results is what I was told when I was TTC with OPK.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• according to what the doctor said i concived on feb. 20 i had a pregnancy test come up positive on march 6. with my other 2 kids i didnt find out i was pregnant till i was almost 2 months. it all depends on you hormone levels. if you want an accurate reading i would wait till a week after my period was suppose to come on also just to see if you even miss it.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• thanks ladies, im super excited about ttc my second child!
    Saralanden

Comment by Saralanden (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i conceived on aug 28th, was due for my period on sept. 19th but felt really strange in the first couple weeks of september so in the second week of september i took a test and it showed positive very faintly. i took one every week and they all showed positive so when i missed my period i went to the doc and had it confirmed. good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Luteal phases can be 11-17 days when in normal ranges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Id try to wait till your missed period.

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 9:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010