Question About Baby's Temperament

My 6 week old is so pleasant. She's a very happy, calm baby. I feel silly asking this, but I wanted to know whether a baby's temperament is relatively permanent. What has your experience been?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my experience it is permanent...in fact, I could tell my kids personalities while they were in the womb.....I just didnt realize how right I was at the time...now I know :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think it is permanent. My dd is only 11 months old, but she has always been calm and happy. In fact she seems to get happier as she gets older.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My daughter was a very easy going baby in the womb & out. Same held true for her as a toddler & up. She's still easy going. So yes I think they're temperment when they're born, is how it will be later on in life.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not necessarily. My son at six weeks was serene, and rarely ever cried for anything. Now at seven months he is, ummm, well, less serene, to put it mildly. ;)
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Don't get me wrong, he is still happy. But boy is he temperamental!
    CarriePM

• I can't really say. In the womb, my son moved A LOT. At 5 months he's never still. But as far as the crying, he's VERY sensitive and temperamental and has been that way since he was born.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 10:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• it should not be more than 37.5 rest is fine
    naira768

Answer by naira768 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010