potty chair or no potty chair???

my dd is going to b one in February and my hubby and i were talking about how we want to potty train her someday in the near future! i would like her to use the real toilet and get like a little set thing to put on it so she doesnt fall in but my hubby wants a potty chair for her! IMO i think the potty chairs are a waste of money cuz then u have to teach them to use the real potty in the end anyways! so which one did u use potty chair or no potty chair??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say start with a potty chair. You may have to have your child try at least going once an hour, and when they gotta go, they gotta go. It's not hard going from the little potty to the big one.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was actually thinking about the same thing. We had a potty chair for my older son. My younger son is 13 months old. We have a while before we really need to be looking at potty seats. I don't know what i will do. I might just end up getting both. One for early training and the other for later on.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You might find she is more comfortable with one more than the other. Some children are fearful of the size of regular toilets. The little potty chairs can be pretty cheap and worth it if it makes the child more comfortable. Also Google "toilet training readiness" - one year old is very young. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010