Newborn Leg Twitch!

My newborn's leg twitches. My pediatrician said it was normal, but I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this in their infant. It stops if I touch her leg, and it doesn't last long on its own. It freaks me out though!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Newborns twitch in all kinds of ways. They have limited muscle control and the coordination of a drunk. The doc said not to worry, so relax and enjoy these precious weeks. She won't be a newborn for long.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i have a month old baby boy and he does it, it is normal all it is, is the nerves kinda muscle spasms. it is normal dont let it scare you.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 10:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• All 5 of mine did that, and still do. It's totally normal. I bet if your SO stayed awake to notice, you twitch too. I know I do, and DH does. Totally normal.
    Anonymous

• My daughter did this also! I was shocked and completely freaked out. Her whole body would twitch though in her sleep. Our son never did this so we took her straight to the emergency room for fear something was truly wrong. They said some babies do this and its completely normal. Has something to do with nerves. By 2 months she had completely stopped twitching. If your really concerned though check with other doctors. Better safe than sorry
    MarineWifeyto2

Answer by MarineWifeyto2 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• it is normal but should b examined by pedia.
    naira768

Answer by naira768 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My doc said its normal. Their nervous system isn't mature yet.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010