What can you tell me about the Babywise books?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• There are people who love them and people who hate them. With DS we were very strict babywise parents. With DD we were still usign most of the techniques but much more relaxed. Using an infant sling and co-sleeping for part of the night, rocking her to sleep on rough nights... It was much better with DD. They have great ideas but it's not for everyone. read more than one book. pick what you like from each one and do your own thing. You (and the baby) will be much happier that way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• All 5 of my kids were babywise kids. They all slept at least 8 hours by 2 months. There are some people that are very opposed to the books, but judging from the comments many of them make they've obviously never read the books. After reading the first one, a lot of it is just common sense to me, but then I'm not a baby wearing, cosleeping type of mama anyway. And having my kids one a schedule made my life SO much easier, especially when the 2nd, 3rd, etc. came along.

Answer by missanc at 10:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree many people who make negative comments have never read the whole book! It is a lot of common sense and it did help us learn to get our children in a good routine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2010