how can you tell if your young child was molested adult content

is there a way to tell if a two year old boy was molested? My son hasn't been acting like himself when i change him. Ouch of no where he screams and says ow when every try to change him and try to wipe his penis with a wipe. I have been wondering if it could be a friend of mine cause my son started acting like this after my friend babysat him. and my friend was making jokes about my son's penis. talking about how it was little worm and asking my son if he (my son) was bigger than his daddy. I asked him to stop with the jokes and so far they have. and i haven't let him be near my son since then but i just can't shake this feeling something happened. and i feel like a bad mom. I tried to talk to my son but he doesn't talk much so he can't tell me if something did happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh, my!!! Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'd talk with a doctor or a counselor about that. I'm not bashing but this is why I don't let males babysit
    Anonymous

• I don't think there will be anyway to know for sure, since he isn't verbal yet(or enough). You already said that you have cut off all contact with the other person, so I don't think there is much more you can do.

chances are that he will calm down after a while and forget about it, he is very young and I don't think that there is much potential for lingering memories.

If you come by any proof or evidence then you can proceed with legal actions, but from the sounds of it you don't and won't.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• That must be very depressing and usually a mothers instinct is right.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Number one,,nobody makes jokes like that. Number two, you said the jokes have stopped. If this person is still around, please take the necessary actions to remove this person from your lives..good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A child psychologist is your best bet I think. Poor thing. Also, maybe he has an infection, like a UTI or something else. Take him to the pediatrician and tell him/her your concerns too.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• How do you know a kid still having his diaper changed is molested? Maybe the man was too rough with changing him and thats why he says ow.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• 1st and foremost, do not feel guilty you are not the one that did wrong, if this happened to your child the perpetrator is the one that needs to feel guilty and should be charged for it. He is a disgusting pig just for talking about your sons penis in the first place. You need to take your child to the doctors, tell them your concerns with your son and the statements that this man has made. . They have ways to figure this out.
    Statement to the anonymous answer, male or female can and have molested children daily. so if you wont let a male babysit your children then you shouldn't allow female as well. The sad thing is that the closest ones to you are usually the perpetrators.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• talk to his doctor the doctor will give u the best suggestions on where to take him for counceling.i would also have him tested for uti that can cause pain to his penis when he goes potty and may cause lingering pain so may hurt when he is wiped. hope things r ok i hate that anyone would have to imagine something like this happening to their child.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 10:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• badI wouldn't worry about it.  You would definetly know if something bad was happening.  If your feelings are that strong that something is wrong, take him to the doctor.shrugging

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010