what was your favorite pet you had in your life?

My favorite pet was a Jack Russell terrior that came to my house as a stray. She was a little white dog with dark tan spots on her but when she came up to us she was black and dirty. I took her in the house and gave her a bath and fed her and put her back outside. she left and was gone over night and when I woke up the next morning she was lying on my porch. I fed her again and she started to follow me around if I went outside. She was outside about 4 or 5 days and never left my yard. My husband said you might as well let her in she not leaving now. I let her in and she followed me everywhere I went. I got up one morning and started to go to work and my husband ask me to run and get him a pack of ciggerettes before I went to work and she followed me outside, so I left her out there to use the bathroom while I ran to the store that was just two blocks away. She tried to follow me and was hit by a car. She lived but it popped her eye out of the socket. My husband and I took her to the vet and it had to be removed and than we felt like after we spent $165 on her that she was our dog now. We ended up having her for like 8 or 9 years before she past away, and it almost killed me. I loved her very much. RIP Speckles I still love and miss you.

SheriesMom

Asked by SheriesMom at 10:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Our family dog as a child. She was a wolf/newfoundland mix, very large dog. She would play football even tackling us. Pull sleds swim with us(even pulling me out of the water once because I was pretending as if I was drowning, boy was I in trouble lol).

Last year at the age o 15 she had reached the point where she needed to be put down, just to old.

I can remember when we brought her home as a puppy and how small and puffy she was.

I have two wonderfull and crazy cats now but I'll never forget that silly dog.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My cat. She was so sweet. I miss her.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• What a sad but beautiful story. You gave her a truly quality life and she probably enriched yours in many ways also.
    My favorite pet was also a dog, a gorgeous Shetland Sheep Dog or Sheltie. Beauregard McQueen O'Toryhill (he had papers and was registered with the American Kennel Society although I never cared about that really) looked just like a miniature collie. My sister had his sister. Her name was Samantha McQ. O'T. When they got together it was a sight to see: whirling, twirling, changing direction in midair, off like a shot. I had neighbors who had 3 little blond boys who looked like clones. Beau would try to herd them all around our yard when they would come over to play. The hardest thing for Beau was when my son arrived. He was so jealous of the baby. We had Beau for 17 years and finally had to put him down as he was not only blind and deaf but starting to have seizures. i still miss him though.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My current dog Maui, she is a rescue cockapoo mix. She is sweet as sugar!

voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had 2 one was rocky a cocker spaniel he was 4 when we got him. He was so smart he used to act like he was trained we never did trained but he did anything he was asked to do and in the other hand I had my wiener dog Midget who was totally crazy but he was so loving and always tried to protect his family like a lion even when he was like 15 inches tall I had them both until I was 22 when both of them died of old age months apart. I haven't had a pet since.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I've loved all of my pets the same! But one pet has stuck by me for the past 13 years, my sweet Boston Terrier Jasmine. She just turned 13 years old in June. My grandma used to raise and sell Boston Terriers and when her first dog had her first litter, she gave me the choice to pick out my own. The day Jasmine was born, I picked her out and knew she was going to be mine. I could always distinguish her from the rest of the other pups. She's been my faithful sidekick for 13 years and I know she's going to be here for many more. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My favorite pet that I ever had was a cat that I named Pollyester, she had a human brain in a cat body. She was a very, very special animal. I picked her out of a litter of farm kittens. I had her from age 3 to age 25.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dog " Thumbelina " She is a Chi/Yorkie Mix that has been my shadow for the past 8 years- She is Too Funny & a Very Important part of my life:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• my fav pet would be my 9 ft berm she was about 6 feet in this pic..

liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I got a gray and white kitten, Angel, when I was 17 and had her for 20 years. She loved me through college years, meeting and marrying my husband, moving cross-country and back, and many tears from me over our infertility. She was very elegant and didn't like many people but if she did like you, she totally adored you. She's been gone almost 13 years now and I still miss her.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010