when you have tried everything with a two year old on her over active and tantrums everywhere!!! please give me advice on some things that you might know that have worked that I can try.

I feel for her because I am sure getting in trouble can't be fun for her. I am a single mom who works mimimal hrs to dedicate my time to my 9 yr old boy and my 2 yr old daughter who makes me stay home most of the time because I can't take her out for more that 20 minutes anywhere when she throws her terrible tantrums!!!! please...any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you had her evaluated for developmental Delays?
    Anonymous

• Is she on any kind of schedule? If she is, is taking her out disrupting it? I had to plan all my outings around my kids schedule to make sure I had happy kids when out. Every thing at that age was done between breakfast and lunch, so their afternoon nap wasn't bothered, and they didn't get tired. If she's not on a schedule, you may want to consider starting one. That way YOU know what she needs at a certain time, and SHE knows what to expect next. I also talked to my kids even at that young age about what we were doing that day. I found it helped with melt downs.
    yestheirallmine

Answer by yestheirallmine at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We did this with my daughter. It was extremely tough for us to do but it isn't as bad as it sounds and it really did work.
    http://www.childbrain.com/pddq11.shtml
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My daughter would get this way when I took her to the grocery store the way i got her to behave most of the time is when I see she starts getting ansy we start practicing things like the alphabet, or counting. I say one and then she repeats it when that doesn't work I sing songs to her or ask her opinion on something like do you want this cereal or this one? Try getting her attention on something else before the tantrum starts because it can be really hard to get it after.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010