Do you know anything about computers?

I have a Dell D610 laptop and it worked perfect. One night I was online chatting with a friend and it just shut off just like if someone shut the power off to it. I thought the battery must have went dead so I plugged it in. I let it charge over night and it showed a full charge, but when I push the power button,the power light will come on just a second (not even long enough for it to power up all the way) than the light will go right back off. Do yoiu have any idea what might be wrong? Do you think it would be cheaper to just buy a new one than try to fix this one?

SheriesMom

Asked by SheriesMom at 10:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Technology

• I had a laptop that did that...it was the fan. Its not expensive to have your computer diagnosed. If it costs more to fix it then it does to get a new one, I'd just get a new one.
    domenica_rose

Answer by domenica_rose at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Dells are just not good computers, period, all kinds of reasons - that being one of them. Fixing it could cost you more than buying a new one. My personal suggestion is see if any computer pro will take a look at it for you for free, tell you what's wrong and how much it would take to fix it, and if it's more than a couple hundred dollars, have it stripped of info and buy a new one - but buy better, like HP or Mac.
    Anonymous

• My computer was shutting down and felt hot. I have a Gateway laptop computer. My Godson came over removed the battery pack from underneath my computer. I just plug the computer in now , without the battery. So far, I have no trouble at all the computer is not over heating and does not shut down. It must be the battery pack on mine, which I will eventually replace. For now, I just plug it in without the battery.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Try fix it by software and restore BIOS, then to check hardware.
    If the problem cause by motherboard, I suggest you go for a new one.
    If it is the battery issue, You may get a discount d610 battery like:
    http://www.battery4us.com/dell-notebook-batteries/latitude-d610-battery.htm
    over2010

Answer by over2010 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010