My daougther is going to second grade.

NOw my boy is in kinderganden and my daougther is in frist grade, so i keep all the frist grade papers for my son, and i am now worreid for my daougther that is going to second grade, i want to prepare her for secned grade either like i am not preparing my son for first grade but i have no iedea how, if any body could give me advise?

lelly24

Asked by lelly24 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Buy a second grade workbook. They are sold at bookstores, Target and Wal-Mart.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• tlsbooks.com

its a great website for free printable work sheets!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Go to your schools website or principal and get a list of the 2nd grade curriculum. Find out what method they teach for cursive too so you get the right workbooks. Spectrum and Evan Moore make excellent workbooks. Work on timed math facts, + and - to 18 for math.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i agree get a workbook
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Buy plenty of workbooks from the Dollar Tree, School Supply Store, even bookstore that's geared towards 2nd graders. Have her do about 2 pages a day or every other day. Also purchase flashcards & find some printable worksheets on the web.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yeah that is what i thougth of. On monday i will go talk the principle so she coluld tell me what is the rigth book, and i will look in walmart or the book store and target
    lelly24

Comment by lelly24 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• There's not much to know for second grade, but if you're worried, you can look up the state standards and make sure she's ready for those skills by the time she gets to second grade.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree get the work books, they will help.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Also there are a lot of videos geared specifically towards learning... I would try those in addition to what the above ladies have said....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have asked the princple, and she said there is no books for second grade, it is just only the work sheets but not the excatly the ones that what teacher teach
    lelly24

Comment by lelly24 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010