my holiday shopping fury ....

all the ads and I do mean ALL (kmart, walmart, toys r us, target, etc etc ) right now in the pre-Christmas shopping crunch always feature some kind of awesome sale on bikes, trikes, ride-ons, power wheels, jeeps, etc. Now out of the 50 states in the USA these sales apply to and the ads are circulated to how many are actually warm enough on December 25th that if you put this item under your tree the child could actually take it outside and enjoy it? 45+ states it's CRUEL. Merry Christmas little Johnny here's a ride on Hummer for you I bought since it's the lowest price of the year but since it's cold or snowy outside it'll have to stay in the box til Spring. WTF?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I feel what your saying but I have to agree that it is warm in other places.I wanted to get my daughter a bike too but am going to wait until spring to get it.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• In AZ I feel the same as CA and many states have mild weather so for us I also apprecite it.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, here too, we wait for spring :(
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• but little johnny can always play with the box and more fun then barrel of monkeys all toys in the world won't make johnny happy
    just a box could be plane or train or race car or play house or bus the joy for one box better then any toy ,so johnny will be happy
    even if weather is cold out side he will have fun inside and joy on your face is priceless
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• good point!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I can think of way more than 5 states where its fine weather for bike riding, etc. Being in California, I appreciate the sales on outdoor toys.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I got a big power wheels for Christmas one year and I lived in Germany at the time. There just happened not to be snow on the ground that year at that time. I would think there are lots of places where there isn't snow on the ground for the whole winter.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2010