Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Question about inducing labor. PIOG

Im 36wks today and was planning on going to atleast 42wks if baby wanted to wait that long. SO started a new job this year but will have 2weeks paid vacation he can use. He was planning on taking off one week when DD arrives so he can help me with her and our 2 boys and also bond as a family. Problem is he has to give advance notice and we dont know when she will arrive. I wanna atleast wait sometime before forcing her out, I would really rather my water break on its own since I've never experienced that and this is my last baby. But I also want him to be there. Im in between a rock and a hard place sort of. Should I set an induction date even though I dont really like the idea of setting one to fit our schedule?

Answer Question
 
reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 18 (5,137 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Have your DH talk to his bosses or whoever is in charge of HR. I'm sure if he explains the situation that they will be willing to work with you guys on it. Even if it was something like working half days until they can get it covered or having a back up plan already in place so all he has to do is call and let them know you're in labor.
    Being that this is your 3rd you probably won't go right till 40 weeks anyway. I started contracting regularly with my last one 9 days early,
    2murphyboys

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Since induction comes with risks, I would not elect an induction.

    Have hubby talk to HR. He may be able to work something out where he is there for delivery, then goes back to work for a day or two then comes back home. You never know until you ask!
    ecodani

    Answer by ecodani at 12:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • With my last one, I was partially induced (when they put in the cervical softener, that kicked my body into gear) and that was no fun. And from what I have heard, Pitocin is horrid! Plus, if the baby needs a little extra time, you definitely want to give it. Definitely have your SO talk to his supervisors right away so that they are fully aware of what is up and I am pretty sure that they will be able to work something out. Besides, if he were to be rushed to the hospital for a broken bone, would they expect him to show up to work? A baby is so much more important, but just as unpredictable as an injury, so most places are very understanding.
    LadyKatya

    Answer by LadyKatya at 6:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN