My 17 month old son doesn't want to let me out of his sight..

My 17 month old son seems to be regressing when it comes to clinging to me. He was sleeping in a crib, I almost had him broken from the bottle, and I was able to leave him with someone for a couple hours. Now he cries "mama mama mama" if I just go into another room, he cries for a bottle every night and morning, and he sleeps in our bed most nights. I tried the "let him cry it out" thing. He cried one night for 30 minutes and was to the point of making himself sick. He's becoming the same way with his dad too. The last time I left him with a family member, he cried himself to sleep. When I went to church the other night, I left him with his dad and he cried from the time I left til the time I got home. I don't know if this is normal. In any case, I don't know what to do.

popzaroo

Asked by popzaroo at 11:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes it's normal and your LO will grow out of it. He has separation anxiety and almost all babies have this phase.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, I agree. My son was the same way....around the same age too.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I feel your pain. My 17 month old is the same way. I know it's mean but I just let him cry. he chases me but I just walk away from him. It hurts but I have to teach him that mommy cant hold him forever
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• oh man thats how my son is but he 15 months! it drives me nuts!! the only person other than me that he will stay with is my mom he wont even stay with SO!!
    RocioLopez629

Answer by RocioLopez629 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010