I am breastfeeding my 3 mo...I am starting to get a sort of blister on the outer area of my nipple...my babys mouth doesnt even touch this part when he feeds. Is this normal and what can I do to make it better?

momma_lee

Asked by momma_lee at 11:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• If its a blister I would get it checked out since its so close to babies mouth and it might become very painful for you
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• could it be thrush? check the inside of your babies mouth for any white spots that dont rub off. its a virus that looks like blisters on you and spots on the babies mouth. no biggie if it is, just call your dr to see if you need antibiotics. totally natural, its a bacteria that passes from babe to mom. oh and for regular maintenence lanolin oil (its actually more of a paste its pretty thick) is really good for any kind of irritation or chapping and is totally safe for baby.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 11:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• get it checked out just to be safe and put some breast milk on it in the mean time
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree on getting it checked out just to be safe.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• sounds like thrush... or at least how i got it... check it out, talk to your dr too.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Id get it checked out since your baby is around that area
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010