christmas and what to get

My daughter is going to be 6 mos on Dec 2, and I'm just wondering how to do christmas with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm in the same boat. My son will be 6 months on Dec 15. We will probably just get a few sentimental items, a stuffed animal, a toy, a book, things like that. he will probably have more fun with the paper than anything else! lol
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• SINGING !! Candlelight in the evenings. Just focus on the baby's experience. They cannot get any abstract things like we give gifts to each other to express our love and our rejoicing ... it's actually helpful to low-key the gift thing until they are old enough (4?) to be enjoying GIVING gifts. By 2 years old they can be observers of family around them being all excited about the birth of a little baby. And they still REALLY enjoy candlelight time in the evenings with singing. By 3, they can enjoy an Advent calendar - simple - if you want. 3 1/2 they can enjoy child stories. And always singing and candles. ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with waldormom - concentrate on the experience, not the things.

My daughter was 5 months at her first Christmas. Her favorite "present" was an 18"x18" sheet of mylar wrapping paper. We have 10 minutes of footage of her laying on her back, waving it over her head. It crinkled, glittered, could be chewed without ripping - is there a better baby toy? She played with that sheet of wrapping paper for nearly a year before I finally threw it out. Talk about big bang for the buck!

For actual presents, get things she will grow into over the next 6 months or so. You can unwrap the gifts Christmas morning, put them away afterwards, and pull them back out one at a time over the coming months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I've been getting Gauge things he needs (bigger clothes, shoes, socks...) and then some fun toys he will be able to play with soon. I am stickin to a budget of 100 bucks and plan to do a lot of shopping online on Black Friday. They are doing the sales on here too.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008