Hmm I don't understand this one...how can a group have only nine active members and still be

Number six on the most popular charts here on Cafemom. There has only been eight new posts put up...thats it... I am just curious on how that works...I thought the group had to be active to be up that high on the chart...what am I missing here?

Cochise

Asked by Cochise at 11:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I believe it's stats from the week before. However it could just be a fluke. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A lot of the "popular" groups that don't ahve many members are only up on the list because the members "Bump" and "Charm" the heck out of threads within the group to get it on the list. I find it rather annoying so I never join those groups
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I honestly think there is a glitch in the system as to how these things are calculated. What you just told us makes absolutely no sense at all. The CM team needs to read this question.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have heard of groups using BROWSERS such as google chrome and firefox to give the group ALOT of views by hitting the F5 button a million times. Someone always has to find a way to get ahead huh? LOL

* I will see this also groups have like 18 active members but will be in the top5 of the most popular list
    3lilcoconuts

Answer by 3lilcoconuts at 12:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ok this same group I just checked it out again..it says 11 active members 29 new posts and it is now number 11 on the most popular list here on Cafemom............I don't know the people well enough in this group...I hardly visit it... it just really stood out to me ...and didn't make any sense to me how this could be..... something just isn't quite right there.
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• This is weird too I requested an avatar there in the middle of October and still haven't gotten it from anyone there either....
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It grades the group by member verses posts and responses. If you have 9 members and all 9 are active your at 100% so you would be in the top pop, if you have a group of 500 and only 25 respond there goes your score. Members that aren't active in a group are a detriment if the group wants to be in the most pop. If they aren't active why would you want them in the group anyway, count of members doesn't mean anything, it's the activity of the members that gets the score.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ok well this still doesn't make sense to me then..because this group I spoke of has 224 members and only 11 of them are active as of today. Yesterday only 9 of them were active........
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• and like I said... I don't even know the people well in this group its just that I get curious about things that really stick out to me... and this doesn't look right.
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well, that concerns me now as well. I think the score card is messed up. Because my explanation to you was told to me by CM and I have a small group and it's a rare occasion were not in the top 250. So good question and I guess I don't know either......lol

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010