Will you share some Crock Pot recipes

Any good crock pot recipes out there? And how can you get more flavor in chicken noodle soup?

andria82

Asked by andria82 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• for chicken soup I put in water, chicken, celery, carrots, red and green peppers, basil, light garlic powder and chicken bouillion (cubed or powdered). When you go to serve it, I put fresh chives on it OR kale, adds a nice fresh crunch to it. Oh, and I cook the noodles separately on the stove in water and chicken boullion to a nice al dente chewyness and then add those in :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My Favorite Roast Beef!

2 (10.75 ounce) cans
    condensed cream of
    mushroom soup
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    salt
    pepper
    lawrys seasoning salt
    rosemary
    one small onion sliced or half a large onion.
    1/4 red wine for cooking
    2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/4 cups beef broth (from a can)
    5 1/2 pounds pot roast- look for the flat types of roasts, chuck if possible.
    Mc cormick or similar brand of brown gravy-1 packet.\
    2 TBS sugar
    Cornstarch-as needed.

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Season the roast with seasoning salt, rosemary and pepper. Pat flour all over the roast. Add some olive oil in a skillet and brown the roast before cooking in the crock pot. Brown it on higher heat, this seals in the juices-only a few minutes each side. Add sliced onions as it is browning.

In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and beef broth. Add 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup red wine. Place pot roast and sliced onions in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
    Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

When done, lift roast out and place on a platter. Fish out the onions and place on top of roast. Add 2 TBS white sugar and 1/2 a packet of brown gravy to the remaining sauce in the crock pot. Stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch one table spoon at a time until the gravy is as thick as you like. (If it gets too thick, add a little water.)
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I will do you one better my friend. CM has a wonderful slow cooker group, actually a couple of them. Join one and you can get TONS of crock pot receipes. They even have a review category where the gals give us a review of what they tried from the receipe area. Have fun!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• These are great, thanks!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Sounds like I need a crock pot! Man, I'm missing out on some good food.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• These little boxes are much too small. Send me a message offlist if you would like some wonderful slowcooker recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• There is an awesome Crock pot group on CM-go to my page and click on it-she even supplies you a grocery list each week with the recipes!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• For more flavor in your soup add Betterthanbouillion, It's a paste chicken base. Great stuff.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Crockpot Taco Soup
    2 cans kidney beans
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans corn
    1 large can diced tomatoes
    taco seasoning
    1 packet ranch dressing
    1lbs. gound beef
    shredded cheese
    sour cream
    •1.) Add browned and drained hamburger to Crockpot
    •2.) sprinkle seasoning packets over meat
    •3.) drain and rinse beans and to Crockpot along with undrained corn and tomatoes
    •4.) cover, cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours
    •5.) garnish with cheese and sour cream
    I add broken up tortilla chips to it and its great.
    SweetLuci