Is it really that bad?

Is it really that bad to be on WIC? I've never been on it myself. I didn't even know what it was till I was a cashier at a grocery store. Not once did I see or hear of anyone who was rude to someone who was using WIC. Not once have I seen someone when I was a customer being upset or rude at someone who has WIC. Does the rudeness happen often, or is it only once in awhile?

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get some irritated looks from cashiers sometimes when I use our WIC benefits, but so far haven't had any other issues with it. A lot of military families with young children are on it, so it isn't that uncommon.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Really? I never would have thought a cashier would give irritated looks. That's just stupid. It does take longer to process, but other than that, why would a cashier care? This just bothers me more than it should. No one should look down on anyone for trying to care for their children.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have WIC and I have had a few cashiers give me heck about it. Only because there was changes to WIC that the stores weren't aware of yet and they were confused.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 11:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was on WIC & some cashiers gave me hell if I made a mistake because they make changes to it all the time. I mean it is already kind of embarassing & it is kind of complicated. So why do they have to be rude about it!?
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 2:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Never a cashier but a person behind me with ONLY beer 4 cases of it stood behind me and bitched to me that I was a low life for being on WIC and I needed to get a job. This is also when they had scan yourself isles open AND express lanes open and not busy which he could have went to those but instead he had to stay in the lan e I was in and complain about how I was a low life. He made me cry and also my 4 year old was with me and being rude to her.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I also personally hate being on it they change it so often it is not funny, I can't wait till I can get off of it but it does really help right now.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2010