does your so

takeyour daughter on date nights? i know it sounds weird but my dh and my 3 yrl old go out on date nights where the get dressed up and go to chucky cheese or the movies, build a bear, picnics and he even went to this make over store for girls and helped pick out and out fit and jewlery for her for ex. Now someone said it sounds disgusting that its called date nights its like hes dating her. Now thats not our vision on it... we hope it gives her a sense of security and an idea of how she should be treated later on by men plus it gives her that building block on her and daddy being close. Are we wrong for this does it not seem right to do?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It seems very nice to do those things with his daughter but I would not call it a date night. That part of it seems creepy to me.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think that is a great idea. I have boys and when just me and one of them goes out we call it a Mommy date! I think it is special to give all my attention on one of my boys for the day. I think you have the right idea about teaching her how she should be treated when she is older. Good for you Mama!

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 12:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ..and when my dh takes out the boys they call it "lets go do Man stuff" lol
    ages 3 & 7
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 12:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We called them Daddy daughter days and yes My dad took us out on them. It was tough somedays because there were 3 of us and we each wanted our own time without the "other sisters" around.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• That's awesome. What a great daddy! Don't worry about what other people say, obviously he's not really DATING his daughter.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• DATE NIGHT! If I heard someone say they went on a date with their daughter i would call dcfs on them. Change the name of it... it makes it seem like something wrong is going on.

Anonymous

• Oh please. You'd call DCFS on someone because you didn't like how something sounded? Without actually knowing what was going on?

I think it's a great idea and call it whatever you want. People read into things too much...ugh.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think Daddy/daughter play dates are a great idea...

As for calling it a date, one of the primary definitions for a "date" is an appointent or engagement...

If someone automatically thinks of the most depraved and preverse explaination...maybe you should buy them a dictionary...its fairly obvious they have never bothered to open one.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm sorry if I find it upsetting to hear a father took his daughter on a date! It shouldn't be called that... I never said what he was doing is wrong. Just change the name to something else!

Anonymous

• I think it's a good for him to bond and spend time with her. BUT, I would call it something else....someone might get the wrong idea and call the authorities. Call it fun night or daddy daughter night.
    kkgrls

Answer by kkgrls at 1:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008