VERY dry fingers and hands

Does anyone know everything that would help my hands? Thet are so dry and the creases in my fingers are cracked and painful. The edges of my nails like the cuticle are also very dry and cracked. I live in a cold climate, and I normally don't get so dry this early in the season. It happens in january normally. Any advise woud ber extremely helpful.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• BAG OF BALM.. IT DONT SMELL GOOD BUT IT WILL CLEAR UP UR HAND FAST!!!!!
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• auqaphor would be helpful. sold at most stores in the lotions isle. If that doesn't work you can try to get a prescription from your doc for cetaphil, uber powerful moisturizer.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had the same problem. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me a prescription medicine called clobetasol propionate. You might need to check it with your dermatologist.
    Mamitaocupada

Answer by Mamitaocupada at 12:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Renew Lotion from Melaluca is what has worked best for me... you have to find someone to buy from though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Burts Bees has a good hand cream.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• hand cream with gloves at night, or whenever you can stand it... avoid HOT water, wash with warm... avoid anything with alcohol in it... soaps, lotions, antibacterial gels...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Bag Balm! I used to get really dry hands when I was a nurse & washing my hands all the time! Bag Balm worked wonders!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• use gloves when doing dishes to protect your hands.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thanks everyone for this really good advice and I also heard of bag balm, my dad used to wear it all the time and I had forgotton about it. Thanks again.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2010