Oral sex, 11 yr old.!

The other day my daughter came home from school and informed me that her best friend had given oral sex in the bathroom at school to a boy in her class. I was completely disgusted. And it's definitely not a story my daughter's made up because she's not like that. I can't believe that anyone would do this and I'm wondering how to deal with this, should I report it to the school or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Btw she's a year ahead so her friends are a year older than her. Not that it makes too much difference but yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would notify the school and if you haven't already I would give her the sex talk.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i would report it to the school and tell the mother of the girl who did it. i would also explane to my duaghter which i am sure you have that its wrong.
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yeah I've already talked to my daughter about it, do you think I should be worried about her being friends with this girl? And how would I bring it up with the girl's mother? :S
    Anonymous

• Yes, notify the school. If you know the girl's parents, I'd talk to them also. Wouldn't you want someone to tell you if it was your kid? Sex talk with your child sounds like a good plan too, if you haven't already.
    momof2girls05

Answer by momof2girls05 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would just come out with exactly what your daughter told you calmly and hopefully they will have an open ear. Yes I would be concerned having my daughter around her but as long as you are teaching the right way and just talk to her I think she will be fine.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Ahhh scary to think they are doing such things at that age. I would notifie the school and if you know the girls parents maybe talk with them. Of course the girl may lie about it to her parents and the parents may believe there child over you so becareful if you do talk to the parents.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would definitely let the school now!!! Who knows what else is going on in that school with the kids being unattended. It amazes me how these kids are jumping into sex. It seems like you have good communication with your daughter and that's wonderful, I also have a open relationship with my girls, good or bad I wanna know.
    kkgrls

Answer by kkgrls at 1:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Absolutely, report it to the school! They may already know about it but if they don't, they will investigate it and address it with the students and parents involved. It is wrong not to tell the authorities for the protection of all children, including your daughter. Have a serious, open discussion with her about peer pressure, sex (including oral sex) and the consequences of being sexually active much too early in life. Help her figure out how she will say no and keep her from temptation as much as possible. This friend isn't a good influence so monitor that relationship closely and encourage your daughter to find friends she wants to be eleven with. Promiscuity is in the future for this friend of hers.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You should definitely let the school know what's going on. I would also find the parents of both the boy and girl and let them know. They are way too young to be getting this started.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008