Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Noisy neighbours?

We are living in a townhouse complex. There is this one particular neighbour that is driving me insane. They have no consideration whatsoever for anyone around them. There music is constantly playing very loud except when THEY sleep. There is always alcohol present and they usually shout along with the lyrics at night. I dont know how to handle this. Have phoned the police for peace disturbance,but they just carry on. How do i handle this then? Any suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by Dezitwins at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 9 (294 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I would report them to the office and if they don't do anything about it- you should really just think about moving... I know it sucks but I've been there before, the stress is NOT worth it and if they have been there longer than you it is not going to stop any time soon.

    Answer by CocoaQT at 12:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • You could just confront them nicely & ask them to knock it down a notch- i doubt it but, maybe they don't realize how loud they are being- if you don't feel comfortable with talking to the your self; talk to your manager- they should help you out- Wishing you lots of luck!


    Answer by daisyb at 12:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • keep calling the cops. over and over and OVER again. report them to the manager.

    Answer by CABlonde at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Its no use asking them to turn it down. They tend to get aggressive. Its just sad that the cops must be bothered for this.Just moved in 2months ago. Im no party pooper, a bit of loud music every now and then i can handle. I will report it to the caretaker again. Thanks girls!

    Comment by Dezitwins (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Ask your other neighbors how they deal with it. Being friendly to them might make them a little more open to your request...make them cookies or something :)

    Answer by Averylee85 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Speak to management. Also check to see if there is a noise ordinance for your area (times where you must be quite by & cannot be noisy before). If they are being loud outside of ordinance specified hours, then you should call the police each & every time they do it. It's the police's job to enforce area ordinances, so don't feel bad about calling them.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • confronting them probably wont help just report it to your landlord or environment health or something like that

    Answer by san78 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.