Is this the right thing to do...... adult content

OK...Before i meet my husband 4 years ago I was with my ex/roommate(its complicated) and he went to prison for 6 years we brook it off and some things happened and i moved on. I meet my husband and had my daughter. I did write him 3 years ago to tell him that i will always love him and i was sorry for every bad thing that happened. I do still love him i always have and things are not so good with my husband. Well he wrote me on Facebook and said he is out and wants to get his old phone from me(which i might not have). Should i call him or is that considered cheating? PLEASE HELP ME...I am in love with 2 men...I feel like a terrable person..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you only want him because you can't have him. You said yourself he didn't love you like you loved him. It is the chase that you are still interested in. He is "the one that got away." You have to let games like that go when you have a child. That is petty nonsense really. If your husband isn't making you happy, deal with that issue. But going back to an old boyfriend who you never quite had completely will only end up causing a lot of pain and suffering to you and your child. I can't imagine letting an ex-con into my life when I have a child. You are an adult with a life depending on you now. You have to snap out of it.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i think that is openning a can of worms

no, i think bad idea
    it is jut aphone, this is only excue to see you again
    tell me you do not have (who keeps a phone for 6 years)
    you say in love with two men
    pick your husband and do not have contact with the ex that just got out of prison
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You have a daughter now. Put her wants/needs before your own. What would she want you to do? What is better for her? A family with her dad or divorced parents with an ex-con? I mean, if your husband is an a-hole to you, then that is another story. Otherwise, I would leave the past in the past.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Personally (and I don't mean to offend anyone) I will never date a man that has been to prison, especially for 6 years, but that's me. Back to you- I would not associate with him. It's not worth it, you moved on and you owe it to your new family to be honest and committed. Ex-convicts mean TROUBLE... run away from that... far far away. It may not be cheating, but it will probably lead to that, and losing your family is not worth someone who just got out of prison- at all.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 12:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you feel like it's something you can't tell your Hubby, then you shouldn't do it. If you think something could happen, then you need to figure out which one you'd rather be with. Don't play the limbo game. It's not fair to anyone involved, including you. If you have feelings for him, but you want to work things out with your husband, then see if you can find the phone, mail it to him, then delete him from yoir FB, and cut him off. Otherwise, it will inevitably interfere with your marriage. DH and I are both in contact with exes, but we're honest about it, which means there's nothing funny going on. This doesn't sound like something you could be honest with your husband about. You need to figure out what you want sooner than later.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i would just stay away from him.
    obviously i dont know the whole story
    and all that but from what i know i would just stay away
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• What is best for all is not to keep in touch with him. Also remember he has been in jail for a long time, he is not the same guy?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Run! You may just be curious but trust me it's not worth breaking up your family over. Your daughter will be hurt by your actions if you cheat. Doesn't matter is she's 3 or 23. get counseling and makes things work. dont be selfish!
    witchypoo1228

Answer by witchypoo1228 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Thank you everyone that helps alot...Yes my husband can be an a-hole well alot but counsling can help ...i guess i should leave the past there in the past and he didnt love me like i loved or love him so more feedback is wanted please i am still confussed and my heart is hurting cause i have never stoped loving this man but i had to move on.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Tell him the phone is gone. And DO NOT talk to him anymore.
    Seriously, you got your husband and daughter or an ex/con. I would choose my family. You don't even know how long this guy will be out of prison....... And yes I do know. My Bff is in love with my BIL that is in prison for the 2nd time. By the time he gets out in 4yrs, he will have spent more time in prison than out. I want her to drop him like a bad habit!! Cause you do not know what life he will bring and do you really want to risk your family for that?
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2010