5th Birthday Party

We are in the process of planning for DD's 5th birthday party in February. It's going to be at a place with inflatable jumpers/slides/etc. where the kids are going to play for an hour, have 30 minutes for cake, 30 minutes for unwrapping gifts, you throw a gift bag at them, and then they're off...so not much decorating, but she does want a DISNEY PRINCESS party. So I've ordered the princess cake and will probably put up a banner, a few balloons, and have princess plates, cups, and tablecloths. Because, well, it is her party and it is what she wants.

There is no limit to the number of kids who can come, so we are inviting just about everyone. All in her Tumbling class, all in her pre-school class, all of our family and friends' kids. The thing is that some of these are obviously BOYS.

My question is.......is it weird to invite a BOY to a DISNEY PRINCESS party? Is there a way to keep it a DISNEY PRINCESS party, but make it appropriate for BOYS too?

I've spent hours on the computer looking for things with Disney Princesses AND Disney Princes and I am coming up with nothing that will help me out. :-/

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would do a princess party and just have prince/boy type crowns or something
    and i would do the gift bags different for the boys as well
    but it should still be a princess party!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Just get blue plates for the boys. They'll all be so busy bouncing off the walls - literally - that they probably won't even think twice about the princesses when it's time for cake and all that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• my daughters 5th was all about hannah montana...and we did exactly what it sounds like you are!! i did nothing different for the boys...
    just the same as when she went to a boys party, it was all about dinosaurs..she got dinosaurs too!!! its about the birthday kid..not the guests.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• maybe the boys could have froggy head pieces? It would be kind of cute with all the girls as princesses and all the boys as frog princes. Plus, boys think frogs are cool and you could put toy frogs in their gift bags :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• NO, they will have a great time even if it is a princess theme. We have had that issue too, and if you do party hats or favors just get something like Cars or boy related or a solid color that isn't pink, and they'll be happy.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Just get some goody bags that are for boys and leave the rest princess stuff. The boys won't care, my son just went to a girly party. Everything was in pink!! He didn't care at all. It was also at a inflatables place. They just had goody bags for boys and for girls. I do like the frog prince idea too. GL!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The boys won't care....they will be excited to have the cake. But definitely make certain that you have different gift bags for boys and girls and a few extra of each just in case. Otherwise no stress, just have a blast!

(If there are enough kids coming to warrant a second cake/extra large cake, maybe have a prince fighting a dragon and protecting the princesses. Ties in the theme with something a little more boy-friendly.
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 5:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would just put boy stuff in there goody bags. That is the only thing I would change.
    nebcutie

Answer by nebcutie at 10:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When you're 5, cake is cake, whether it has a princess on it, or Monster Trucks. The boys will have a great time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I say do what your daughter wants. I am sure they will understand.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2010