Does anyone save containers? What do you use them for?

I love containers, especially if I can re purpose them to make them functional in some sort of way.
For example...the plastic juice concentrate containers with the lids......I want to save them cause they're great little containers, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with them? I hate to throw them away......

For anyone that loves that sort of a thing.....where do you store yours until you have a project for it???

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 12:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Wow Thanks for recycling by finding a use for your containers. You will be a good example to your children. I am an artist and I save plastic (large) yogurt containers. They will keep acrylic paint fresh for a year...or more. Say you paint a room in your home a custom color there is some left in the can...too little to store the whole can...put it in a plastic container and dot a small amount on the lid so you can readily see the color. you can even lable it with the name of the paint and what room. If you need a touch up from a scratch or smudge you have the paint ready to go!
    When you do a an art project with your children cans bottles etc are all great for holding beads paint...For paint that will not spill try cutting a hole in the top of a plastic lid with an exacto blade(like for the yogurt). The hole should be just large enough to dip the paintbrush into the cup. If the cup topples over not much will spill out.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have one cupboard of nothing but containers, everykind u can think of. butter, peanut butter, jelly, cottage cheese, pickle jars, anything with a lid! I save them to put just about anything in. food to send home with the inlaws, baked goods, daughters beads, crayons, change, hair ties, etc. The one cupboard is n no certain order and is a complete mess!
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 1:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I use saved containers to store beads and smaller bits of ribbon. find all kinds of uses for those saved items. juice cans can be 'recycled' into cute storage for pencils, pens , markers etc. My hair ties are all over the place I just grab a container and instant storage. old baby wipes boxes are great for crayons, colored pencils, markers, puzzles pcs, small parts to toys and or games
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I typically buy the plastic clear container with white lids at Walmart/Target-since I scrapbook I use them for my punches, embellishments, tools, embossing powders, stamps, etc. Then I tag the outside so I know what's in them and store them on a shelf for easy accessibility.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I make ice tea and put in juice containers..
    Coffee can my hubbie uses to put nails and
    bolts in. I have made a bird house with a
    two litter soda bottle..
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I save the glass jars that pasta sauce comes in for grease. Coffee cans have a TON of uses. Most drink bottles are recycled but they have other uses such as (if you have smokers) a butt collector (be sure to add water first). I try to reuse many things instead of just throwing them away. I even reuse the plastic butter/sour cream/cottage cheese bowls. They make good bowls that don't break and have lids.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010