Birthing center, hospital, or home birth?

given the choice which would (or did) you choose?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• baby dustHave to go with the hospital. Like to ring that call button, "The baby needs her diaper changed."" More pain meds please!" My favorite one is making the phone call at 2 a.m.  to the kitchen staff "I would like fruit salad, cheeseburger, fries, prune juice, fruit trey, " then hearing from the girl," You can only pick one fruit item."  My response was usually "Oh, OK."  "Can I have jello, then please?"  Then I would order a tea.  I like the staff at the hospital, they put up with all my crap and still they had a smile on their face. 

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• hospital
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Hospital. I'm all for a woman choosing how she wants to deliver and where. However, what if God forbid something goes wrong? I didn't want to take the chance with my life and the life of my baby.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My last labor was super complicated and in a hospital. Had it gone better, the next one would be at home, but I know DH won't hear of it. I used to work at a free standing birth center, and that would have been really cool, too. Home births are awesome. Most women have less pain at home, because they're in a familiar environment, and they're in comfortable surroundings. Some women feel safer at a hospital, with an OR and interventions standing by. I would rather go the home birth route. Ik hoping I can at least talk DH into a birth center birth (kinda the happy medium).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I went to the Hospital.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 1:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Unfortunately it will be the hospital for me. I had too many complications with the first birth and now I have to have a c-section with any others I may have.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I went with hospital for all 3 of mine. I tease my DH that it is my 2 day vacation . This time around I would like to have that break, but am also considering a home birth. DH is unsure about a home birth, but we will see as time goes on. I still have 36 more weeks to decide. And who knows.....as fast as the last one came, I may not have a choice. :-)
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 6:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• home
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i think the hosiptal in case you need some help with any problems.And some states like Utah you won't let you have a home birth that is planned you need to check with the state laws. Good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 11:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010