Is it wrong......?

that I want a labor induction at 39 weeks? I'm so uncomfortable, and have been the whole pregnancy. I HATE being pregnant, and just need it to be over with. I'm extremely depressed all the time b/c of it, and I dont really see why I should be forced through another week. Yes I know its only a week more, but I just can't do it anymore.

kaleysmomma2010

Asked by kaleysmomma2010 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hey...if your doctor says you and the baby are healthy enough go for it
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 12:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The longer the baby stays in the better for the baby. Have you talked to your dr about this? I wouldn't be induced unless there was a medical reason to do so.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Be aware that one intervention leads to another. Almost every woman is ungodly uncomfortable at that point, and itching to get the baby out (which is why there are so many posts each day about naturally inducing labor). Baby will come when Baby is ready, and frankly, any doctor who is willing to induce at 39 weeks needs to be evaluated. I was really depressed during pregnancy, too, and I had post partum depression. You should try to address THAT issue separately, before Baby comes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• these other moms will prolly say yes that its wrong .. i dont see any harm..but im sure you can wait too .. i wanted to be induced too but my son came a day early from his due date soo .. have faith im sure ur baby will come soon :) just walk alot that will speed things up and good luck :)
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• what do you mean "address the issue before baby comes"?
    kaleysmomma2010

Comment by kaleysmomma2010 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I know lots of people who had their induction schedule LOL
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I mean address the depression. Moms with depression during pregnancy are at extremely high risk for post partum depression. The sooner you can get help for it the better. It's awful to go through while you're pregnant, but even worse with a baby to take care of.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• o ok I understand. Thanks everyone!
    kaleysmomma2010

Comment by kaleysmomma2010 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• No it is your body your baby. I hope things get better for you.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I personally don't think inductions should be done unless it is medically necessary. At 39 weeks, we ALL are hating it and are uncomfortable. But in my opinion, its not a good enough reason to interfere with nature and put yourself and your baby at risk of complications. Any time you mess with the body's natural process of doing something, you are increasing your chances of something going wrong. I personally would hate for something to happen all because I just didn't feel like being pregnant anymore. I'm not bashing you or anything, but you should consider yourself lucky. I was 39 weeks at the end of July, moving into a new house, and standing outside 95 degree heat. NOW THAT was uncomfortable.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2010