Would you continue to go to church if your spouse or s/0 decided to stop?

My dh has mentioned a couple of times that he may stop going to our church. I do not think I would stop and I know he would not ask me to.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 1:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i wouldn't stop. but i would be really sad if my husband didnt want to go...
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Already did that. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dh and I have had different beliefs from day one. It wouldn't bother me if he wanted to attend or not. We respect each other's differences and he would never try to keep me from doing something spiritually important to me, and I would never try to force him to do something that his heart wasn't in. In your place, I would respect his decision but would keep on doing what you wish to do.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• On the flip side, I used to go to a church without dh ever attending with me. If my dh, if I was married. was too stop going to church I would continue.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When my husband quit going to church years ago I was pretty mad. Then he told me he didn't believe in God anymore and I was really upset. Then I quit going to church and went back to school. After a while, I quit believing in God, too. It really worked out for the best as we are 100x happier now. Not saying that's what will happen to you, LOL.

Anyway, if you want to go, then go. It's totally your call.
    Jellybean82

Answer by Jellybean82 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes because Sunday is the only day our family can be together due to work and school schedules
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would still continue to attend church w/out my DH. I'll be looking out for my soul & he's responsible for his own soul's salvation. And besides, I enjoy fellowshipping w/my church family.
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Been there done that. Now he's the one that insists that we all go. Acutually for the most part so do the little boys and our daughter, she needs our help right now with her two little ones in church as her husband doesn't go.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I would continue to go.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My dh has never been religious and I've always had to go without him. He won't even attend rituals either. I like going and he likes having the time alone so that's where we sit. I do wish he was more involved but he's not and that's not likely to change any time soon.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2010