WHAT ARE THE CINNAMON ORNAMENTS THAT KIDS MAKE?

A few years ago my kids brought home from school a cinnamon ornament for the tree, it smell so good! well one of them broke this year as they were hanging them on the tree and my son was so upset, how do we make them?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 1:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• 1 1/2 cups of ground cinnamon
    1 cup of applesauce
    1/4 cup white glue (elmers)
    Mix together in a bowl. knead well, put back in bowl let sit on counter for 30min.covered with plastic wrap. then knead again. Remove from bowl roll out to 1/4 " thick and cut shapes with cookie cutters.
    place on wax paper to dry (make take 3-5 days) turn them over 3-4 X a day to help keep edges from curling up as they dry. the ornaments will shrink some as they dry. Be sure to poke the holes in the ornaments (for hanging ) before they dry, I use a toothpick You can also paint them after they dry if you want to. I use puffy paints to add a little something extra to them. There are lots of recipes out there for these.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010