Are you a parent coach?

Do you coach your child's team(s)? How does it affect your child, do they take instruction from you as well as their team mates?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 1:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband coached our sons' different teams for years and, yes, they listened well to him. He was very fair and made sure all the team members had playing time. He loved it and the boys loved it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i havent yet..but in a few years when shes in grade 4 and so on..i plan on helping the volleyball team..:) i miss playing soooo much!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I want to. If he plays soccer again next year I plan on coaching, well assistant coaching his team. I work with him at home and have a hard time keeping my mouth shut at practice so it would be easier if I was a part of the team too. Not sure how it would affect him. We will have to see. If it doesn't work for him then I will butt out, but I think it would be fun.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• not here no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i tryed coaching my daughters cheer team one year and that was a major issue (for me not the kid) i was focused on her and not the rest of them team......so bad idea.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2010