What do you do with your left overs?

I used to put them in a container only to throw them out in a couple days, now I do not save anything. Mil is staying with us and everything gets put into the fridge or just sits on my counter. Dh says she is not used to having much so she hangs onto everything! It is driving me nuts!

I must say, I am not wasteful, I usually make just enough having learned our habit over the years is to not eat the left overs!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 1:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We sometimes have a yo-yo night (Your On - Your Own) but mostly DH and I take the leftovers to work the next day for lunch
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My husband and kids do not like leftovers. I eat them and serve them for lunch the next day, but the kids only really pick at it. So mostly I try to make meals that are just the right size for one meal. But I like making several meals at once, so I usually make more than one dish and freeze a couple extras. Then I only have to cook a full meal about half the time. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Throw it out little by little when shes not around lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Leftovers go in lunchboxes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with the first poster...I do not mind the left overs but my hubby and our oldest only eat certain leftovers like pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. I have a hard time with it because I was raise to eat whatever was put before you and not to waste anything. So I usually try to fix enough for that one meal.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• We have a leftover night and eat whatever we want from what is leftover. My son will eat just about anything so I really don't have a problem with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do throw away more of it than I'd like to. I have started figuring out what we will eat and what we will not eat as leftovers and just pitching the things we won't eat. I do try to eat leftovers for lunch the next day and I love to make extra meat so that I can make something else the next day, especially when hubby is gone.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• if there are leftovers I use them for lunch the next day.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 6:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I put them away in the fridge and we eat them at some point in the next couple of days. We love leftovers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Depends on what it it, we freeze them mostly, for lunches or to add as sides to other meals it just depends.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2010