• In the Spotlight:

Good workout routine?

Does anyone have a good workout routine that will help tone and lose weight that you can do in your home?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 1:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you have stairs? That's about the best workout you can get without spending any money! Seriously.. your stairs can do it all. In fact, there are lots of videos on youtube for ideas on how you can incorporate your stairs into a fitness studio!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I hula-hoop for 15 minutes 3-4 times a day.
    When I take a break from the computer, while watching TV, before I take my shower, there is always a way to fit it in.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use workout videos. I have a variety and they include anything from aerobics, kickboxin, and yoga to cardio and strength training.

Also, dancing, stairs and walking would be good.
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 7:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Stairs is a good one for sure. I also do workout dvds. Lots of walks with the dog. Off the wagon right now though, New Years resolution is to get back in the routine!!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have stairs and believe me I go up and down at least 100 times a day. I take care of my 91 year old mom and her bedroom is downstairs.... anyway, yeah stairs are good, some hand weights 10 pound-er will tone up your arms, for various exercises you can do, google biceps, triceps, etch, you will get an overload of them.  As long as you do it regularly you will see results.  Just make sure you do not excercise the same muscle twice in a row, rotate your muscles on days.

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2010