Negative Points?

How is it possible to have a negative amount of points? I just read a question that made me mad and I am sure is not the whole story and when I looked to see if it was a long standing member they had a negative amount of points and I was wondering how that was possible?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 3:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They took away losing points for deleting things, but you still get points deducted for getting too many downvotes while anon. Either they're a chronic anonymous troll or they went very negative on deleting questions before the point penalty for deleting was deactivated.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i dunno either, but i also know many people could care less about the points, its not like we win a real-life prize lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I know you lose points if you delete your questions and I think you lose points if your answer gets voted down.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 3:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I have seen that a couple of times here as well. It seems to mostly brand-new profiles that have deleted questions and/or replies that they've posted. I don't think you could get into negatives by having anon answers voted down because if you' ve answered enough questions to have earned the right to answer anon, I don't see how you could get voted down enough to actually get into the negatives. Does that make sense?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• That is what I was thinking. I think you only get points taken away if you answer gets voted down and you answered anon, but I could be wrong. What would account for -6 points. Maybe 2 anon vote downs?
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 3:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It's negative 5 points for each question deleted and negative 1 for each anon response which is voted down.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I thnk NP is on the right track. A lot of people just don't care about the points.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2010