Anyone have curious kids about their body parts? adult content

My son is 5, will be 6 in February. Tonight he asked his friend, my boyfriends son, to show him his "wee wee" and "butt". This is so not normal for my son to do. He's never been curious like that and his friend is 4. So my son is the oldest. My boyfriend is upset with my son and I'm upset period.....any advice ladies? I so need it right now, I can't even sleep.

LynnB1

Asked by LynnB1 at 4:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• thank you for that....I split them up as they usally sleep in the same room together....myy son is sleeping in my office....I feel bad
    LynnB1

Comment by LynnB1 (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes, I have a very similar situation with my 5 year old dd. She has a friend across the street and they did the same, caught with their pants down! LOL It is a phase, you don't have to get upset about it, unless they keep doing it. Ask him what he is so curious about and I would let him know that he has the same stuff as other boys and that he doesn't need to explore any further.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 5:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It's amazing what little ones talk about when you're not there! Had a similar problem with my 6 year old. I was called in to talk to his head mistress at school! So embarrassing! The best thing to do is to have an informal chat with your son. Don't make him feel he's in trouble. Ask him if anyone has asked to see his privates and bottom. Tell him it's a bit rude and nobody is allowed to look at kids privates, that means other kids and grown ups. Tell him you would be very happy with him if he tells you when other people are being 'rude'. Don't worry hunny. How else are kids supposed to learn. Don't be annoyed at him or he may not find you approachable if he has a question about his body or he may need to tell you something. Take Care x
    abiwill

Answer by abiwill at 6:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Completely normal my friend. Im quite sure we all did it. I understand you being upset though,my twins has seen each other for so long,but i guess if they have the opportunity when a girl is nearby they will be curious. Just make him understand that his private parts are as it says- PRIVATE. Good luck:-)
    Dezitwins

Answer by Dezitwins at 6:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

Dezitwins

Answer by Dezitwins at 7:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yes i agree with others .. normal
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes, I also have normal kids. No worries.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Normal. My 4 year old talks about his penis all the time. Yes, he calls it a penis!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Well it seems everyone is helping to calm your nerves but I will put in my two cents as well. It is very much normal. They have no idea what is correct and not correct and it's not like that is something we address until we really need too. Try not to be too hard on him, just explain to him that his penis is private as well as everyone else too. That you don't show people or ask people to see theirs. They will handle it better being talked to rather than in trouble. Good luck, I hope you BF doesn't stay mad.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It sounds very normal to me. My son is 6 and he is very interested in himself right now.
    paulswife208

Answer by paulswife208 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010