Former breastfeeder TMI adult content

I nursed all 3 of my kids ages 14yrs down to 9 yrs old and stopped breastfeeding when my youngest was almost a year. You know how so many parent's magazines and shows talk about re-lactating? Well, here's mys situation: I had a complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago. I went through early menopause for the following year. I am done having kids - and I am happy with my decision to do this, as I really had no other choice anyway.
I babysit a 4 month old baby who was breastfed for the first 3 mos. She's on all formula now. My problem is whenever she cries I let down - quite a bit too as I have to change my shirt often. I thought once all the "baby making" stuff was gone and being post-menopause that it would stop (this has been an issue for me)! Sometimes it will happen when I am feeding the baby a bottle also.....

How can I make this stop?! When I did nurse I made enough milk - I was dubbed the Dairy Queen.....GRRR!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 5:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry I have an acquaintance who has three children all in elementary school and she lets down when my baby cries
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 7:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Wow, I have never heard of that! I was hoping that once I stopped breastfeeding the milk would dry up. Kind of amazing, but I get how it could be annoying too.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• it can take years to dry up completely and the hormone responsible is Oxytocin. So your lack of reproductive organs has nothing to do with it. Might want to invest in some nursing pads until you completely dry up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Perhaps mention it to your dr? They might be meds that could surpress it.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010